LINC Before & After School Program
The Local Investment Commission (LINC) is a state-chartered, citizen-led group in Kansas City and Jackson County, charged with improving results for children and families through restructuring and reforming the delivery of human services.
LINC’s Caring Communities initiative is an effort to create “community schools” in low-income, underserved neighborhoods. LINC Caring Communities Before & After School sites have an integrated focus on academics and family support, health and social services, and youth and community development, leading to improved student learning, stronger families and healthier communities.
Over 1,500 Hickman Mills students are enrolled in LINC’s high-quality Before & After School programs, which offer:
- A safe, caring environment housing a fully-licensed program operated by state-approved staff.
- A variety of fun activities that support children's social, emotional and physical development.
- Academic activities including homework help, as well as recreational activities, to encourage children’s growth.
- Staff focused on youth development, academic achievement, and parental engagement.
- No fees except at Freda Markley Early Childhood Center and Ervin Early Learning Center.
- LINC elementary school morning programs operate from 6:30 a.m. until school begins and afternoon programs run from school dismissal until 6:00 pm.
- LINC at Smith-Hale and the Freshmen Center only operates in the afternoon from dismissal until 6:30pm.
For more information, please contact LINC at www.kclinc.org