Hickman Mills Sports/ Activities Fall 2020
Hickman Mills C-1 School District’s Fall Sports Schedule is now available!
Message regarding student athletics for Fall 2020:
In accordance with Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA), HMC-1 has determined policies and guidelines for opening sports and activities for the 2020-21 school year.
Ruskin High School Sports:
At this time, Ruskin High School students are able to participate in fall sports whether we are working virtually or attending in-person classes. The 2020-21 school year sports season began on Monday, August 10. To prepare for sport participation in a virtual setting, Hickman Mills partnered with the Apple Bus Company to arrange travel for students from their homes to Ruskin for daily practices.
The fall sports and coaches are as follows:
- Football - Coach Perkins, WilliamP@hickmanmills.org
- Cross Country - Coach Sole, CarlaS@hickmanmills.org
- Volleyball - Coach Codilla, MeganC@hickmanmills.org
- Boys Soccer - Coach Newkirk, JustinN@hickmanmills.org
- Girls Softball - Coach Josephson, DonJ@hickmanmills.org
- Girls Tennis - Coach LaFavor, LeahLa@hickmanmills.org
Again, please contact these coaches via email as soon as possible to indicate your interest in playing sports for Ruskin High School this fall. If you have any questions, please email Mike Weiler, District Athletic Director, at MichaelWe@hickmanmills.org.
Thank you for your time and remember, it's always a great day to be an Eagle!
At this time, plans for the fall sport season at Smith-Hale are moving forward.
Practices for Cross Country, Football and Volleyball began on Monday, August 24. Students in grades 7 and 8 are eligible to participate in these sports. Buses will be operating to bring students to the building for daily practices each afternoon, beginning on Thursday, August 27. No bus will be provided after practices end.
To participate in fall sports:
- Parents of participants must go to the email being sent to fill out a form to indicate your interest in playing fall sports and to provide your home address so bus stops can be arranged.
- We will share your information with the middle school coaches so that they can reach out to you with more information about practices, etc.
- Two important reminders:
- Athletes must have a current physical on file before they can participate in a sponsored sport activity. Access HMC-1's Pre Participation Physical Evaluation by clicking here.
- Athletes must be in attendance on the first day of practice on August 24th in order to be eligible to participate in the first game/match.
- Hickman Mills C-1 School District Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless for Communicable Diseases. This form must be completed and submitted in order to participate in any HMC-1 sports/ activities.
- Access MSHSSA's Pre Participation Physical Evaluation by clicking here. Athletes must have a current physical on file before they can participate in a sponsored sport activity.
- Click here to view the full MSHSSA Guidelines and Recommendations for Opening Sports/ Activities.
If you have further questions, or are interested in getting more information on the 2020-21 athletic season, please email Mike Weiler, District Athletic Director, at MichaelWe@hickmanmills.org.