Disorderliness on the school bus will distract the drivers attention from his/her driving and become a safety hazard for the whole bus, therefore, if a pupil cannot comply with the regulations, he or she may be denied the privilege of riding the bus.
- Drivers are in charge of pupils and the bus. Pupils must obey the driver promptly.'
- Classroom conduct is to be observed by the pupils while riding the bus, except for ordinary conversation.
- Students should be at their stop five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled time.
- Students must remain seated face the front at all times.
- Unnecessary conversation with the driver is prohibited.
- Students must not at any time extend arms or head out of the bus window.
- Eating and drinking is not allowed on the bus. Activity trips with the driver's permission can allow food and drink.
- Students riding on any bus other than their assigned bus must bring a signed note from home and have it signed by the principal of their school.
- Students cannot get off the bus at any stop other than their assigned stop without permission from parents and principal
- No profanity or smoking allowed on the bus.
- Do not throw any article on the bus or from the windows of the bus.
- No animals-dead or alive-allowed on the bus.
- No glass containers allowed on the bus.
- Pupils who must cross the road after leaving the bus shall cross in front of the bus and only upon signal given by the driver.
- Students should stand back six (6) feet at the curb until the driver opens the door to board the bus.
- Large packages and large band instruments will not be allowed on the bus.
- The Assistant Manager of Discipline and principal or designate shall participate in bus suspensions.
- All students are subject to being video taped while being transported to aide in the monitoring of safety standards for bus discipline. Viewing of such video tapes must be approved through the Administrative Office.
SEVERE CLAUSE VIOLATIONS FOR WHICH A PUPIL IS SUBJECT TO
IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION FROM THE BUS ARE:
- Lighting matches or throwing firecrackers in or at the bus.
- Carrying or use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco on the bus.
- Having water guns, knives or sharp blades on the bus.
- Foul or abusive language toward the driver.
- Damaging the bus, such as cutting the seats, etc.
- Fighting on the bus or at the bus stop.
- Creating a safety hazard to any person on the bus.
THE TRANSPORTATION OFFICE MAY DENY A STUDENT A RIDE TO SCHOOL THE NEXT MORNING, IF THE OFFENSE CREATES A HAZARD TO THE SAFETY OF THE STUDENTS ON THE BUS OR PRESENTS A DIRECT THREAT TO THE DRIVER. BEFORE THIS IS DONE THE ASSISTANT MANAGER OF DISCIPLINE, PROPER BUILDING PRINCIPAL AND PARENT MUST BE NOTIFIED. SOME BUS DISCIPLINARY PROBLEMS MAY MEAN EXCLUSION FROM THE TOTAL SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT