It is the policy of Millennium at Santa Fe Media Center to have library books at school each day and to return them weekly so others may have the opportunity to read them. If books are present, additional renewal times are granted for students that need more time to finish a book.
A letter will be sent home periodically throughout the school year if your child has a book that is overdue for more than 30 days.
If this book has not been returned by the end of this school year, it will be marked as lost, and your child’s account will be charged for the replacement of the book.
If a student damages a book, the student's account will be charged, and parents will be contacted by, or in combination of: letter home, email, or phone call, with the expectation of the book being replaced.
Replacement can be done in two ways.
- The charge can be paid in full to the Library Media Center, by cash, or check. Checks should be made out to: “Santa Fe Elementary”. Also, it can be paid through your student's account using RevTrak
- A replacement book can be purchased and returned to school. The replacement book must follow these conditions:
- It must be the same ISBN. Contact the Library Media Specialist for the ISBN
- It must be a hardback edition No paperbacks will be accepted.
- It must be in “like new” condition. Books with stains, torn pages, writing, etc. will not be accepted.
Any lost books that are returned after paying the replacement cost, will be issued full credit to the child’s school account.
If you have any questions, please call or email me. I look forward to working with you to help your child be responsible, and to encourage reading enjoyment.