HMC-1 Education Pledge with Students, Parents, & The Community
Essential elements of the HMC-1 Education Pledge:
- Strong district schools
- Rigorous early learning and elementary education
- Innovative secondary schools
- Excellence for ALL students
- Services for our neediest children and families
A High-Quality Education is Every Child’s Civil Right...As educators, we must deliver on this essential principle.
The District’s Pledge is to:
- Guarantee pathways to opportunity that will lead to achievement and success in exchange for being your best you
- Hold high expectations for student achievement
- Foster a collaborative culture focused on continuous improvement for everyone
- Recruit and retain highly qualified personnel who reflect the diversity of our community and embrace the District’s mission & vision
- Model, acknowledge, and celebrate behaviors that are consistent with our mission & vision and address those that are not
- Encourage informed communication and purposeful involvement of home, school, and community
- Maintain a safe and secure learning environment
- Maintain a high respect for all HMC-1 stakeholders, including parents, students, staff, community members, and visitors
The Parent’s Pledge is to:
- Place a high focus on education.
- Make sure your child(ren) attends school and all classes every day
- Make sure your child(ren) completes his/her in-school work to the best of his/her ability
- Make sure your child(ren) engages in additional study time (up to two hours each day) outside of school hours.
- Make sure you and your child(ren) show respect for teachers and for staff
- Support and attend your child(ren)’s school events when possible
The Student’s Pledge is to:
- Be your best you.
- Learn at a rate that positions you for a successful future
- Dedicate sufficient time outside of class to complete your homework
- Attend school every day and on time
- Communicate in a careful and respectful manner with teachers, peers, and other members of the HMC-1 family
HMC-1 asks the Community to:
- Attend District events
- Actively participate in the All In Mentors Program
- Adopt a school
- Sponsor a student
- Share our good news with the community at large & become a District Ambassador
It Starts with Me.
It Continues with You.
It Depends on Us.