Title 1-Parental/Family Involvement Plan
Compass Parental-Family Involvement Plan
Our mission at Compass is to prepare our students to be lifelong learners. We prepare our students for this challenge through collaboration, building relationships, implementing small group instruction, and providing active engagement in all our lessons to ensure all students learn. Our school envisions the highest level of success for every student and in order to accomplish this goal, teachers, parents, students, and families must work together in a collaborative partnership. Each year, we will develop a Parental-Family Involvement Plan to provide regular opportunities for us to exchange ideas about how we can support and promote the educational growth of each student. Listed below are ways in which you can become involved in your child’s educational experience during the school year!
Opportunities for Parents/Guardians to Support Student Academic Achievement
Each year, your child’s teacher will contact you to develop a home/school connection and to provide you with an email address and phone number for you to contact them with any questions or concerns.
- Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences- Wednesday, Oct. 17 and Thursday, Oct. 18
- Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences- Wednesday, Feb. 13 and Thursday, Feb. 14
- Parent Classroom Volunteering- Daily
- 6th Grade Transition Ceremony- Date and Time To Be Determined
- End of Year Recognition- Date and Time To Be Determined
Opportunities for Parents/Guardians to be Informed of Student Achievement /Progress
While teachers will provide you with frequent informal progress reports, our school will provide you with the following formal student achievement reports and/or data each year:
- Grades 1-6: Quarterly Mid-Term Progress Reports
- Grades 1-6: Quarterly Grade Reports
- Grades 1-6: STAR Reading & Math achievement reports (Fall & Spring)
- Grades 3-6: MAP ELA, Math and Science achievement reports (Fall)
School Community Involvement Opportunities for Parents/Guardians
- Back to School Rally- Saturday August 11
- Elementary Meet and Greet - Tuesday August 14, 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- PTA General Meetings- 6PM- Aug 23, Nov 13, Feb 5, Mar 5
- Day 1 Event- Wednesday, August 15, 7:15 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Goodies for Grandparents, Sept. 7; Donuts for Dads, Jan. 18; Muffins for Moms, May 10 (all at 7:25 AM)
- Monthly Awards/Recognitions- 8:30 AM on early release Wednesdays
- Quarterly Classroom Parties- 10/31, 12/21, 2/14, 4/18
- Fall Book Fair - Thursday, November 1- Friday, November 9
- 1st/2nd grade Thanksgiving Musical Performance- Family STEAM Night- General PTA Meeting- Tuesday, November 13, 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- 3rd/4th grade Winter Celebration musical performance- Winter Wonderland father/Daughter Dance- Tuesday, December 18, 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m
- Family STEAM Night- General PTA Meeting- Tuesday, February 5, 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Sweetheart Mother/Son Dance- Thursday, February 7, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- 5th/6th grade Musical Performance- Read Across America Night- General PTA Meeting- Tuesday, March 5, 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m
- Spring Book Fair- Thursday, May 2- Friday, May 10
- Field Day, Staff v. 6th Grade Kickball, Move Up Day, Talent Show, Recognition Ceremony- last week of school
Compass is committed to the success of each child. We will work in collaboration with parents to monitor the effectiveness of our Parental-Family Involvement Plan. We welcome and strongly encourage your participation in our school-wide events and activities. Please feel free to contact your child’s teacher or call me at 316-7750 should you have questions or concerns.
Dr. Mike Camp