Legal Aid - Justice in Schools
Struggling families now have a legal ally in the Hickman Mills C-1 School District when facing eviction, foreclosure, domestic violence or other dangers that turn children’s lives inside-out. The "Justice in Schools" program is a joint project by Legal Aid of Western Missouri, the Hickman Mills C-1 School District and the Local Investment Commission (LINC).
Click here to view all of the information.
FREE to eligible Hickman Mills families and district employees.
Providing help with:
- Landlord/Tenant Law (eviction defense)
- Public & Subsidized Housing Issues
- Foreclosure Prevention
- Family Law and Guardianships
- Domestic Violence Protection
- Food Stamps, TANF, & SSI
- Consumer Matters (car titles, loans, bankruptcy)
- Tax Law Clinic
- Denial of Unemployment Benefits
How to get help:
- Request legal services through an online form provided by LINC
- Call (816) 410-8432