Justice in Schools Legal Aid
Struggling families now have a legal ally in the Hickman Mills School District when facing eviction, foreclosure, domestic violence or other dangers that turn children’s lives inside-out. The "Justice in Schools" program is a joint project by Legal Aid of Western Missouri, the Hickman Mills School District and the Local Investment Commission (LINC).
FREE to eligible Hickman Mills families and district employees.
Providing help with:
- Landlord/Tenant Law (eviction defense)
- Public & Subsidized Housing Issues
- Foreclosure Prevention
- Family Law and Guardianships
- Domestic Violence Protection
- Food Stamps, TANF, & SSI
- Consumer Matters (car titles, loans, bankruptcy)
- Tax Law Clinic
- Denial of Unemployment Benefits
How to Get Help
- Request legal services through an online form provided by LINC
- Call (816) 410-8432