Compass Parental-Family Involvement Plan
Our mission at Compass is to prepare our students to be lifelong learners. We prepare our students for this challenge through collaboration, building relationships, implementing small group instruction, and providing active engagement in all our lessons to ensure all students learn. Our school envisions the highest level of success for every student and in order to accomplish this goal, teachers, parents, students and families must work together in a collaborative partnership. Each year, we will develop a Parental-Family Involvement Plan to provide regular opportunities for us to exchange ideas about how we can support and promote the educational growth of each student. Listed below are ways in which you can become involved in your child’s educational experience during the school year! All activities are subject to change.
Opportunities for Parents/Guardians to Support Student Academic Achievement
Each year, your child’s teacher will contact you to develop a home/school connection and to provide you with an email address and phone number for you to contact them with any questions or concerns.
- Elementary Meet and Greet – Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 5:00-6:00p.m. (Virtual)
- Classroom newsletters
- Back to School Night/Curriculum Night September 15, 2020 6:00-7:00 (Virtual)
- Fall Compass Title I Parent Information Mtg - September 17, 2020 6pm (Virtual)
- Chat and Chew with the Principal September 29, 2020 (Virtual)
- Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences- Wednesday, Oct. 28th and Thursday, Oct. 29th, 2020
- Chat and Chew with the Principal November 10, 2020
- Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences- Wednesday, Feb. 10th and Thursday, Feb. 11th
- MAP Parent Night- March 25th, 2021 6:00-7:00 pm
- 5th Grade Transition Ceremony- May 14, 2021
- Awards Assembly-Quarterly
- End of Year Recognition Assembly- May 21, 2021
Opportunities for Parents/Guardians to be Informed of Student Achievement /Progress
While teachers will provide you with frequent informal progress reports, our school will provide you with the following formal student achievement reports and/or data each year:
- Grades K-5: Quarterly Mid-Term Progress Reports
- Grades K-5: Quarterly Grade Reports
- Grades K-5: iReady Reading & Math achievement reports (Fall Winter & Spring)
- Grades 3-5: MAP ELA, Math and Science achievement reports (Fall)
School Community Involvement Opportunities for Parents/Guardians
- Elementary Meet and Greet - Thursday August 20, 2020 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m (Virtual).
- Back to School Night: September 15, 2020 6:00-7:00 p.m. (Virtual)
- Fall, Harvest Party- Thursday, October 28, 2020
- PTA General Meetings 1st Thursdays 5:45-6:45p.m. (Virtual)
- Winter Musical Program (K/1/2) December 15.2020 6:00-7:00p.m.
- Black History Program ( 3rd/4th/5th) February 25, 2021, 6:00-7:00p.m.
- Valentine’s Day Parties- February 10, 2021
- READ ACROSS AMERICA Week- March 1, 2021-March 5, 2021
- Family Literacy Night March 4, 2021 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Awards Assembly-Quarterly
- Grandparents Day May 6, 2021 Time TBD
- 5th Grade Transition May 14, 2021 2:00-3:00p.m.
- End of Year Recognition Assembly- May 21, 2021 2:00-3:00p.m.
- Field Day, Staff v. 5th Grade Kickball, Talent Show TBD
Compass is committed to the success of each child. We will work in collaboration with parents to monitor the effectiveness of our Parental-Family Involvement Plan. We welcome and strongly encourage your participation in our school-wide events and activities. Please feel free to contact your child’s teacher or call me at 316-7750 should you have questions or concerns.
Erica Hoard, Principal