Dobbs Elementary Parental-Family Involvement Plan
Our school envisions the highest level of success for every student and in order to accomplish this goal, teachers, parents, students, and families must work together in a collaborative partnership. Each year, our school develops a Parent-Family Involvement Plan to provide regular opportunities for us to exchange ideas about how we can support and promote the educational growth of each student. Here are ways in which you can become involved in your child’s education during the coming school year!
Opportunities for Parents/Guardians to Support Student Academic Achievement
Each year, your child’s teacher will contact you to develop a home/school connection and to provide you with an email address and phone number for you to contact them with any questions or concerns.
- Elementary Meet & Greet- Aug. 19, 4:00 pm -6:00 pm
- Classroom newsletters
- Tutoring-after school beginning in October
- Title 1 Information Meeting-Tuesday, September 14 6:00pm
- Curriculum Night-Tuesday, September 28th 6:00-7:00
- Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences – Wednesday, Oct. 27th and Thursday, Oct. 28th
- Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences - Wednesday, Feb. 16th and Thursday, Feb. 17th
- National Honor Society-Tuesday April 5th 6:00-7:00pm
- MAP Night Tuesday April 12th
- Awards Assembly-Quarterly
Opportunities for Parents/Guardians to be Informed of Students Achievement/Progress
While teachers will provide you with frequent informal progress reports, our school will provide you with the following formal student achievement reports and/or data each year.
- Grades K-5: Quarterly Mid-Term Progress Reports
- Grades K-5: Quarterly Grade Reports
- Grades K-5: iReady Reading & Math achievement reports (Fall Winter & Spring)
- Grades 3-5: MAP ELA, Math and (Science- 5th only) achievement reports (Fall)
- Grades K-3: DRA Testing (Winter and Spring)
School Community Involvement Opportunities for Parents/Guardians
- PTO General Meetings 1st Tuesday of the Month 6:00-7:00pm
- Coffee and Chat with the Principal Quarterly
- Fall, Harvest Party- Wednesday, October 27th
- Grandparents’ Day- Wednesday, Nov. 3rd 10:00 am- 11:00 am
- Doughnuts with Dad- Tuesday, November 23rd 7:00 am-8:00 am
- Winter Musical-Thursday, December 16th 6:00pm
- Winter Holiday Party -Friday, December 17th 2:00-3:00pm
- Valentine’s Day Parties- February 10th
- Black History Program-Tuesday, February 22nd @6:00pm
- Read Across America Monday, March 2nd
- Mingle with Moms- Tuesday, March 9- 7:00 am- 8:00 am
- Bingo for Books- Tuesday, March 24th- 6:00pm- 7:00pm
- Career Day- April 7th
- Spring Title 1 Meeting Monday, May 3rd 6:00pm
- Talent Show-Tuesday, May 11th 6:00pm
- Field Day-Wednesday, May 25th-all day
- 5th Grade promotion promotion- May 26th 9:00 a.m.
Dobbs is committed to building a strong partnership with our families. We welcome and strongly encourage you to participate in our school-wide events and activities as often as you can. If at any time you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or feel free to give me a call at 316-7800.
La’Toya Ragan, Principal