2020-2021 Parental-Family Involvement Plan
Our school envisions the highest level of success for every student and in order to accomplish this goal, teachers, parents, students, and families must work together in a collaborative partnership. Each year, our school develops a Parent-Family Involvement Plan to provide regular opportunities for us to exchange ideas about how we can support and promote the educational growth of each student. Here are ways in which you can become involved in your child’s education during the coming school year!
Opportunities for Parents/Guardians to Support Student Academic Achievement
Each year, your child’s teacher will contact you to develop a home/school connection and to provide you with an email address and phone number for you to contact them with any questions or concerns.
- Elementary Meet & Greet- Aug. 20, 5:00 pm -6:00 pm via zoom
- iPad Deployment August 21, 24, 25 7:00am -4:00pm
- Tutoring-after school beginning in October
- Curriculum Night-Tuesday, September 15th 6:00-7:00 via Zoom
- Title 1 Information Meeting-Tuesday, September 22 6:00pm via Zoom
- Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences – Wednesday, Oct. 28th and Thursday, Oct. 29th
- Holiday Musical/Showcase December 15 6:00pm
- Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences - Wednesday, Feb. 10th and Thursday, Feb. 11th
- National Honor Society-Tuesday April 6th 6:00-7:00pm
- Awards Assembly-Quarterly
Opportunities for Parents/Guardians to be Informed of Students Achievement/Progress
While teachers will provide you with frequent informal progress reports, our school will provide you with the following formal student achievement reports and/or data each year.
- Grades K-5: Quarterly Mid-Term Progress Reports
- Grades K-5: Quarterly Grade Reports
- Grades K-5: iReady Reading & Math achievement reports (Fall Winter & Spring)
- Grades 3-5: MAP ELA, Math and Science achievement reports (Fall)
- Grades K-3: DRA Testing (Winter and Spring)
School Community Involvement Opportunities for Parents/Guardians
- PTA General Meetings 1st Tuesday of the Month 6:00-7:00pm
- Fall, Harvest Party- Wednesday, October 28th
- Grandparents’ Day- Wednesday, Nov. 4- 10:00 am- 11:00 am
- Doughnuts with Dad- Tuesday, November 24th 7:30 am-8:30 am
- Winter Musical-Thursday, December 10th 6:00pm
- Winter Holiday Party -Friday, December 18th 2:00-3:00pm
- Valentine’s Day Parties- February 10th
- Black History Program-Tuesday, February 25th @6:00pm
- Mingle with Moms- Tuesday, March 9- 7:30 am- 8:30 am
- Bingo for Books- Tuesday, March 25- 5:00 pm- 6:30 pm
- Spring Title 1 Meeting Monday, May 3rd 6:00pm
- Talent Show-Tuesday, May 11th 6:00pm
- Field Day-Friday, May 21th-all day
- 5th Grade promotion promotion- May 27 9:30 a.m.
Dobbs is committed to building a strong partnership with our families. We welcome and strongly encourage you to participate in our school-wide events and activities as often as you can. If at any time you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or feel free to give me a call at 316-7875.
La’Toya Ragan, Principal