Degrees and Certifications:
Miss Haley Burton
- 10th Grade Social Studies/Social Studies
- 2nd year teacher
- Area of expertise
- I received an All Social Studies Endorsement from the University of Iowa
- Educational background
- Bachelor of Arts in History, University of Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education (Social Studies), University of Iowa
- Google Certified Educator
- Teacher of the Month (March 2022)
- Why I Chose Education as My Career of Choice
- I have been working with children since I was 13 years old and always dreamed of doing something important. I have worked very closely with children from the South and West sides of Chicago. Those kiddos have taught me how to be a great teacher and an even better person. The social studies classroom is unique as there is more than one way to answer a question or provide information. It is a space where questions about past or current events are encouraged. I have always felt secure in a classroom, so I am beyond excited to create that environment for my students at Ruskin!
- Personal Interests
- In my spare time, I enjoy painting, playing music, camping, exercising, and catching up with friends or family. I also enjoy knitting/crocheting, golfing, dancing, and practicing my color guard skills whenever I have the opportunity. I am new to Kansas City and have been enjoying exploring the city as well!