Board Election Notice
Public Notice of Filing for the Hickman Mills C-1 School District
The Hickman Mills C-1 School District (HMC-1) in Kansas City, Missouri, encourages qualified persons interested in running for a position on the School Board to file to be a candidate in the April 3, 2018, election.
Community members interested must exemplify the following qualifications:
- Must be citizens of the United States.
- Resident taxpayers of the Hickman Mills C-1 School District.
- Members shall be at least 24 years of age.
- Members of the Board shall not be delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, personal property taxes, municipal taxes or real property taxes on their place of residence. If an applicant is a past or present corporate officer of any fee office, that office cannot be delinquent in the payment of any taxes owed the state.
- Members of the Board must also be eligible to hold office in accordance with Missouri law, including §115.306, RSMo.
- Must have not been found guilty of nor pled guilty to a felony or misdemeanor under the federal laws of the United States of America.
- Must not be registered or required to be registered as a sex offender under Missouri law §162.014.
- Must have filed all required campaign disclosure reports with the Missouri Ethics Commission, if applicable, for all previous elections in which they were a candidate, §130.071, RSMo.
Filing will begin Tuesday, December 19, 2017, at 8:00 am and will continue during the District’s regular business hours which are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- NO filings will be accepted on the days the District offices are closed for inclement weather.
- The District will be closed between December 21, 2017, through January 2, 2018. The District will also be closed January 15, 2018. Filings will not be accepted on these days.
Filing will end Tuesday, January 16, 2018, at 5:00 pm.
There are (2) three-year term and (1) one-year term positions available.
For additional information please contact Board Secretary, Donna Peyton at (816) 316-7001. All applicants must file your documents at the following address:
Hickman Mills C-1 School District
Attention: Donna Peyton
9000 Old Santa Fe Rd
Kansas City, MO 64138