Making a Difference at HMC-1
The Educational Foundation supports HMC-1 students and staff through financial scholarships, classroom grants, donations. Since its inception, the HMEF has donated an estimated $950,000 to HMC-1 students and teachers. The Foundation has:
- Awarded RHS graduates with $28,500 in scholarships in 2020. These students are oftentimes the first in their family to attend college or even graduate high school
- Awarded $6,300 in Classroom Enhancement Grants in 2020 to HMC-1 teachers for various projects, equipment and initiatives.
- Donated $1,000 (2017) to the band and $2,000 (2018) to the orchestra to help students attend out-of-town competitions.
- Provides partial reimbursements to Ruskin juniors and seniors taking dual credit classes, so long as they earn a B grade or better.
- Donated over $1,000 to the RHS football team, assisting with the purchase of specialized helmets with concussion-detecting technology.
- Donated $10,000 to HMC-1 to purchase UV sanitizers for keyboards, laptops, toys and other shared equipment.
The mission of the Hickman Mills Educational Foundation is to ensure quality education by enlisting businesses and the public to help provide educational opportunities for students and staff.
The Hickman Mills Educational Foundation was created during the 2000-2001 school year to raise, manage and distribute funds for educational programs that benefit students and staff of the Hickman Mills C-1 School District. The Foundation connects schools, businesses and community by inviting everyone to be stockholders in the educational process. The foundation is a 501(c) (3) organization.
We cherish your support. We ask that businesses, homes associations and the general public provide donations to support the students of the Hickman Mills C-1 School District. Donations that are provided can be distributed per the donors request. Make donations by contacting Cheryl Farris, HMEF President, at email@example.com or (816) 761-6667.
HMEF Scholarship & Grant Program
The Foundation distributes approximately $40,000 annually in incentive grants for teachers and staff of the Hickman Mills C-1 School District and scholarships for seniors from Ruskin High School (approximately $20,000 is allocated between the two distributions). The grants and scholarships have the possibilities of benefitting almost all students and well over 200 teachers and staff of the district.
All scholarship and grant applications, forms and required information are due to the Hickman Mills Educational Foundation at the Administration Center by the 1st Friday in March. The Educational Foundation offers a creative and flexible opportunity to provide resources and support to the students and teachers of the Hickman Mills School District.
Board of Directors
The Hickman Mills Educational Foundation is managed by a Board of Directors. The Board is an independent body composed of members of the school district and the community.
Charles FarrisExecutive DirectorCheryl Farris
PresidentMargaret (Peggy) WalburnVice PresidentJohn CarmichaelSecretaryTreasurerDavid EisenmengerDirectorGeorge FlesherDirectorScott JenningsDirectorVenus Murphy
DirectorJohn SharpDirectorCarl Skinner, Ed.D.
DirectorAngela SwearinginDirectorMarissa Cleaver Wamble
HMC-1 LiaisonStephanie EastlandHMC-1 Liaison