Learn How You Can Serve on the HMC-1 School Board!
Are you interested in serving on our Board of Education? All qualified individuals are encouraged to file to be a candidate in the April 6, 2021, election. Filing will begin on Tuesday, December 22, 2020. See the full public notice below for more information:
Public Notice of Filing for the Hickman Mills C-1 School District
The Hickman Mills C-1 School District (HMC-1) in Kansas City, Missouri, encourages qualified persons interested in running for a position on the School Board to file to be a candidate in the April 6, 2021, election.
Community members interested must exemplify the following qualifications:
- Must be citizens of the United States.
- Resident taxpayers of the Hickman Mills C-1 School District.
- Members shall be at least 24 years of age.
- Members of the Board shall not be delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, personal property taxes, municipal taxes or real property taxes on their place of residence. If an applicant is a past or present corporate officer of any fee office, that office cannot be delinquent in the payment of any taxes owed the state.
- Members of the Board must also be eligible to hold office in accordance with Missouri law, including §115.306, RSMo.
- Must have not been found guilty of nor pled guilty to a felony or misdemeanor under the federal laws of the United States of America.
- Must not be registered or required to be registered as a sex offender under Missouri law §162.014.
- Must have filed all required campaign disclosure reports with the Missouri Ethics Commission, if applicable, for all previous elections in which they were a candidate, §130.071, RSMo.
Filing will begin Tuesday, December 22, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Candidate filings are be in-person, unless you are actively serving in the military or have a disability that would prohibit in-person filing. Times and dates for filing are as follows:
December 22, 2020, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
January 5, 2021, 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
January 12, 2021, 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
January 19, 2021, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If you cannot file during the designated dates/times, please contact us at 816.316.7001 to schedule an appointment during regular office hours, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Candidate filings will not be accepted:
- Outside of regular office hours.
- December 23, 2020 through January 1, 2021 (Offices closed for winter break)
- Days the District offices are closed for holidays or inclement weather.
- If District offices are closed due to state or local shutdowns.
Filing will end Tuesday, January 19, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
There are (2) three-year term positions available.
For additional information please contact Board Secretary, Donna Peyton at (816) 316-7001. All applicants must file your documents at the following address:
Hickman Mills C-1 School District
Attention: Donna Peyton
5401 E. 103rd St.
Kansas City, MO 64137